Questions Related to bio-chemistry
For a person suffering from diabetes, the intake of carbohydrates should be preferably in the form of
Carbohydrates should constitute around 60-70% of the total calories in diabetics. Carbohydrates in the form of simple sugars need restriction. The carbohydrates should be in the form of complex polysaccharides (starch) and contain adequate amount of digestible fibres. Very high carbohydrate intakes and/or high glycaemic index foods can exacerbate the dyslipidemia, including hypertriglyceridemia.
................... is an insulin resistant type of diabetes mellitus.
- Diabetes mellitus (DM) is a disease that results in high sugar level in the blood or high blood glucose.
- Diabetes is due to either the pancreas not producing enough insulin or the cells of the body not responding properly to the insulin produced.
- Type 1 DM results from the failure of the beta cells of the pancreas to produce enough insulin.
- Type 2 DM begins with insulin resistance, a condition in which cells fail to respond to insulin properly.
What is the basic difference between fertilizers and manures?
- Fertilizers are chemicals manufactured industrially, added to soil or land to increase its fertility.
- Manure is organic matter, mostly derived from animal feces except which can be used as organic fertilizer in agriculture.
So, the correct option is 'Fertilizers are artificial and manures are natural'.
.......... is the form in which digested fats are absorbed into the intestinal walls.
Micelles are formed when bile emulsifies the fat which makes it water soluble and can be absorbed by the intestinal wall. Later on, they convert into chylomicrons by coating them with proteins are absorbed by the lymph vessels which transport it into a blood and then it reaches the cell.
Which of the following is TRUE regarding micelles in the intestine?
Micelles are formed when bile emulsifies the fat which makes it water soluble and can be absorbed by the intestinal wall, later on, they convert into chylomicrons by coating them with proteins are absorbed by the lymph vessels which transport it into a blood and then it reaches the cell.
Chylomicrons are protein coated small fat globules formed in
Which of the following chemical substance is absorbed by passive transport from the intestine?
The absorption of nutrients, like amino acids, occurs via co-transport channels, which couple with the movement of $Na+$. Which of the following statement is true for this type of co-transport?
Fatty acids and glycerol are first absorbed by
Triglycerides are emulsified by bile and hydrolyzed by the enzyme lipase, resulting in a mixture of fatty acids and monoglycerides. These then pass from the intestinal lumen into the enterocyte, where they are re-esterified to form triacylglycerol. The triacylglycerol is then combined with phospholipids, cholesterol ester, and apolipoprotein to form chylomicrons. These chylomicrons then pass into the lacteals, forming a milky substance known as chyle. The lacteals merge to form larger lymphatic vessels that transport the chyle to the thoracic duct where it is emptied into the bloodstream at the subclavian vein.
Fatty acids are primarily absorbed through blood capillaries, has which of the following number of carbon molecules?