Tag: respiration and excretion in animals
Questions Related to respiration and excretion in animals
Which of the following correctly illustrates the passage of oxygen in the respiratory system?
- The pathway of air through the respiratory system is through
- The diaphragm is a part of the abdominopelvic cavity.
- It is located below the thoracic cavity and above the pelvic cavity.
- Its dome-shaped roof is the thoracic diaphragm, a thin sheet of muscle under the lungs, and its floor is the pelvic inlet, opening into the pelvis. Hence, the diaphragm is a dome-shaped muscle.
Bronchi divide into
- The bronchi (or bronchus) are the air passages into the lungs that begin at the end of the trachea.
- There are two bronchi, one for each lung.
- The bronchus divides into smaller branches known as segmental bronchi, which divide again into bronchioles, Hence, Bronchi divide into bronchioles.
Major part of $CO _2$ is transported to respiratory surface as.
Respiratory system is derived from.
What is correct about human respiration?
Hypophysial portal system is present in
Direct respiration occurs in.
Which is not function of 'conductiing part' of respiratory system?
Choose the correct statements with regard to human respiration:
(a) Inspiration is faciliated by contraction of phrenic and internal intercostal muscles
(b) Healthy human can inhale or exhale about $2000-3000$ml of air/min
(c) Functional residual capacity represents the volume of left out air in lungs after expiration
(d) Total lung capacity is the total volume of air that would be accomodated in the lunds after forced inspiration.